Monday, August 13, 2012

:( it's a sad day when you bust your favorite coffee mug


I broke my favorite mug this morning.  My elbow bumped it off the table... and as if in slow motion, I watched it fall to the ground, and bust.

If anyone knows me, they know how much this mug meant to me.  

It was of Turkish origin, given as a gift by one of the most amazing human beings in the world.  

I'm gonna miss this mug.

I've had some good memories with this mug.  

Drinking Coffee At Toad's Coffee Shop in Spencer Iowa

Drinking coffee at my host home in Sioux City
Charley and my mug

Chilling in Des Moines at Smokey Row

A freshly pressed Americano in my mug
I met Michael Emerson AKA Benjamin Linus in a coffee shop with my mug.  
In Pella Iowa, during my "off week."  Nothing better than coffee in your favorite mug and a good book.

In Iowa City, when I attempted to single press coffee with a device made in the early 70's.

I was often reminded of my fiance when I drank from this mug (she got it for me in Turkey)

Enjoying a salted caramel mocha latte in my mug at 392 Coffee Shop in Clinton Iowa


My mug  along the Iowa cloud scenery.  This was taken while roasting coffee with Benjamin near Bellevue Iowa.  


It is indeed a sad day.  


Blog posts including my favorite mug:


No comments:

Post a Comment