Thursday, November 12, 2015

we are, and we are becoming

Do you ever feel like you are missing out?

...as if this moment was not the moment you were supposed to be in?

...or that everyone else is seemingly experiencing greatness and you are not?

------------

How does one fully engage in this moment; yet, prepare for the next?

------------

Seeking after greener pastures while not being content with the pasture you are in will leave you hungry, or dead. Right?

------------

I am in my second year of graduate school, and often asked, "What are you going to do when you complete the program?"

I do not have a definitive answer.

This question fascinates me, and makes me question why people ask it.

Perhaps it reveals more about the person asking that it does about the person responding.

There is an element that if a person is willing to invest time, money and energy in a degree, then they must be going for a certain specific reason.

Personally, I have many ideas of what I may want to pursue, but I do not have a specific answer toward a specific career or job, and to be honest, I am tentatively okay with it.

I say tentatively, because I think I want to believe that my learning is shaping and challenging me to become whatever it is that I am to become, but it is also coupled by an anxiousness in not knowing what the future holds.

Perhaps it makes others anxious too, and thus, why they ask.

The reality is, we do not know what tomorrow holds, let alone a couple years from now, yet we engage each other as if we do. We can set goals to seek after, but they are only tentative guidelines that are bound to change.

Higher importance is not to be attributed to either the achievement or the the steps taken to accomplish.

------------

There is a complex dance between the present and future, and humans are intertwined.

We are...

and

...we are becoming.

------------

No comments:

Post a Comment