Tuesday, December 18, 2012

1339 Miles & 317 Speaking Spots Later


Yesterday afternoon, I arrived back to Sioux City: both the starting and ending point of this yearlong journey.

343 days ago.  Start of the AMS journey in Sioux City City.  
343 days have passed.  The equivalent of 8,232 hours, 493,920 minutes or 29,635,200 seconds.
What
Speaking to youth in Ames Iowa.  1 of 311 speaking spots during the year.
Many miles covered by foot and many words spoken by mouth.

Running to Orange City in January 2011 in a blizzard. 1 of 40 long running days during the year.
I am overwhelmed as I attempt reflection on the past year of my life.

Where do I begin?  

How does one share with others the journey they have been on?  

It's as if I'm experiencing culture shock.

Over the next few months I hope to spend time reflecting and sharing my thoughts from the road:

  • What I learned
  • How I changed, and how I remained the same
  • Who I met
  • Why I did what I did
  • Where I went and what I discovered

Some of the people on the journey




























No comments:

Post a Comment