Monday, January 9, 2012

Running Day Recap #1 - Sioux City

Today was the first official AMS running day.

Start Time: 11am-ish.  Will normally start much earlier, but had to finish some things before I hit the road.

Weather:  High of 52 degrees.  Couldn't ask for better weather in the middle of an Iowa winter.

First pic of the AMS journey.  Jim setting off.  

Stopped by Peak Performance.  Great place for runners.  

Yes. Yes. Yes.  

Ran to the Sioux City Explorers stadium.

Stopped by the Multi Care Physician Group.  The last 5 months I have been going here to get chiropractic check ups.  

Ran into Steve at Quiznos.  Steve is one of the awesome physicians at Multi Care.  Awesome dude. 

My buddy Mark, grabbing some lunch with me at Quiznos.  He then ran 3.5 miles with me, with an additional 3.5 miles after.  He is awesome. 
This pic I took for Joe.  And because Mark had to use their facilities.  If you know what I mean.

Huge fan of the Community Action Agency.  They do some great things in the Sioux City community.  

Ran over the bridge.  Had to take a pic of Charley by the Kay Dee station.  Yes, that is an actual cow in the pic.  

Had to stop at the Post Office to send some AMS items to the winners of SHARE AMS.  This pic is for Eddie. 

the Sioux City post workers were awesome.

Sioux City Art Center.  Will be speaking here on Thursday evening at 7pm.  

Sioux City Public Museum.  This place is rad.  Brand new facility with some really cool stuff about Sioux City.

the plaque outside the Museum.  Love the quote "May the stories of our past inspire the leaders of tomorrow."

Dropped off a couple of AMS t-shirts to SAM and DAVE.  They were winners of the SHARE AMS.  The t-shirts were made by Mark: hand screen printed.  
A good way to finish the day.  Jerry's Pizza.
Total miles covered today:  17 miles

Cool story from the run:  I was at the Post Office.  A lady came up to me, gave me 10 bucks and said, "My daughter loves to run too."  It seriously made my day.  As I was leaving the Post Office, there was a guy named Richard who looked like he could use a warm meal, so I gave him the 10 bucks.  It made his evening.  Plus we got to chat for a bit.

Schedule for the week:  Will be speaking 8 times this week, beginning tomorrow evening.

Next Long Run:  Next Monday.  Sioux City to Kingsley.  28 miles.


Running with purpose in every step,

Jim


Wondering who is traveling with me?  Read this blog post

and don't forget to FOLLOW on Twitter or LIKE on facebook


Inclined to financially support Jim as he runs across Iowa?

No comments:

Post a Comment