Monday, April 23, 2012

Pella Wrap Up & Grinnell Running Recap

Pella Wrap Up
Weekly AMS update.

I'm currently about 7 miles south of Grinnell, being hosted by a wonderful family.  Today was blessed with the ability to run a little over 25 miles from Pella Iowa. 

I was in Pella for two weeks.  The first week was blessed with 14 speaking opportunities and many wonderful encounters with the people of Pella.

The second week was my week off.  Rested, drank lots of coffee, did some reading and some much needed rest to allow my body to recover from running and speaking.  


Grinnell Running Recap

Start Time:  730a  End Time: 200p

Weather: Hilly.  Little bit of wind.  Started off in the upper 30s, finished in the 60s-70s. 

Number of dogs who barked & chased me:  5

Caterpillars:  0

Total Mileage:  25.1 miles (shorter run, preparing for next week's 68-miler to Iowa City).

Cops who stopped me: 0

Tree growing through this barn



My new shirt

Dirk and I.  Dirk ran 4 miles with me, and then an additional 7 miles.  This guy is amazing, he ran 10 marathon in 30 days to raise awareness against Suicide.  Awesome guy.  Will be blogging more about him soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment