Wednesday, April 18, 2012

23 Second Graders Aren't Showering... Stinky!!!

I wasn't planning on blogging this week, however I felt inclined to share with you three things happening in Iowa that you should check out.


SHOWER STRIKE 2012
On the Awake My Sole journey, I stayed a week in Webster City Iowa.  For one of the days I was able to share about my journey with all of the 2nd grade classrooms.  One of the classrooms is doing a shower strike to raise some money.  I'm a huge fan of seeing YOUNGER people stepping up and doing great things for the world.

Who: 2nd Grade Students in Webster City, Iowa.
What: Aren't showering till they raise $1,000 
Why: To help provide life saving water systems in Africa.  


CLEAN WATER MOVEMENT
While I was in Ames, Iowa, home of the Iowa State Cyclones, I met a guy named Dustin Brooks, the founder of Clean Water Movement.  His team of people are doing some great things, and I was hugely inspired by his love for helping those in need.


Who:  Clean Water Movement in Ames, Iowa.
What:  Currently, preparing to drill water wells in Uganda & Bolivia.
Why: To help give life-saving water to people who need it the most.  


SEER OUTFITTERS
This week I'm in Pella, Iowa and I came across an outfitters store whose income from the clothing and apparel they sell goes towards helping others.  On their facebook page it says, "If you can give a little, give a little.  If you can givea a lot, give a lot."
  

Who:  Seer Outfitters.  Pella, Iowa
What:  A clothing company who helps others.  Their goal, "To show love.  To give love.  And empower others to do the same."  
Why: To use their profits to help benefit underprivileged children and those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment