Monday, October 1, 2012

Des Moines Wrap Up

Two Mondays ago, got to run from Pella to Des Moines.  A little over 46 miles.

My father, Scott, joined me for the run.  It was great, we ran some miles together, and it was great to have his company.  

Saw some really cool things on the way to Des Moines. 

Here are some pics from the run & the short time I spent in Des Moines. 
Early morning leaving Pella

Saw a bald eagle.  I've never seen a real bald eagle in the wild before.  It was really neat. 
Yes, this is a wood carving of the statue of liberty.
Got to experience my first day of running in the rain.  Thanks to Scott who had a rain jacket I could use, I lost my other one.

Scott and I after the run.  A quick shout out to Darci who also ran with us. 
Here is a short video Scott filmed during the run.

Early Tuesday morning, got to speak at the Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity.  

Habitat for Humanity.  A great crew of people.  

After speaking at Habitat for Humanity, I jumped in Scott's car and we drove up to Bismarck North Dakota for my wedding.

Tis true... I'm married, and my wife, Chantalle will be joining me for the rest of the Awake My Sole journey.  I couldn't be more excited!

Below is a pic of me saying goodbye to the awesome Gear Cart that stored and helped me move all my gear for the first 3/4 of the journey.

we had a lot of good times

Gonna miss this cool gear cart.  
The exchange of a gear cart for a wife has been an awesome one.

Really thankful to Joey & Mandy for hosting while in Des Moines: first my dad & I, and then my wife & I.

Peace out Des Moines, keep it real!!

No comments:

Post a Comment