Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Gear Cart Exchange

I had to say goodbye to my wonderful Gear Cart this last week.

I exchanged my gear cart for a wife.  Yup, I got married.


My wife will be my support vehicle for the remainder of the Awake My Sole journey.    

In regards of the exchange, my grandmother stated, "A most excellent exchange."



My amazing brother John bought this gear cart on Craig's list and rigged it up for me to run across Iowa with.  He rigged it with rechargeable lights, a platform with clipboard, and a phone charger. 

I covered over 1000 miles with this gear cart.  Had a lot of good memories with this cart.

Some of you may have known of it by other names, like "Baby Jogging Stroller."


My favorite story with the gear cart back in February...
It finally happened. Was stopped by a Police officer today while running with Awake My Sole to Storm Lake Iowa.  
The officer said, "Just got a call, and the caller said 'A lady was running with a baby along the highway.' "  
I responded, "I'm definitely not a lady and I have no baby in this baby jogging stroller."  
Got a good chuckle out of the officer.
Here are some pics of the gear cart
photo shoot with the gear cart

fort dodge iowa

testing out the gear cart

Outrunning a storm




stop at the post office



blizzard


































It's funny, cause last week I saw a guy running down the road with a kid in his baby jogging stroller.

I wanted to yell out my window, "Why is there a baby in your gear cart?"


Maybe I will bust it out in the future for giggles.  or if I have kiddos.  




No comments:

Post a Comment