Sunday, October 14, 2012

Webster City Wrap Up

Webster City Rocks!  

Really enjoyed my time in this glorious city.  Had a lot of fun speaking and running.

On Monday we covered the 37.1 miles to Webster City.  It was a beautiful windy day.  The wind was definitely in our favor, meaning it was at our backs.  We left Ames at 7am and arrived shortly after 4pm.  

Throughout the week got to speak thirteen times at the elementary school, middle school, Asbury youth group, after school program and briefly at a church service.

Got to run a 5k with my host family on Saturday, and did some geocaching afterwards.

This next week is a REST WEEK.  Will be taking some time to recover from running and speaking.  Hope to get some good stretching and reading in.  Also, we will be dreaming and spending some time discerning what the next steps for the Awake My Sole journey are.  So keep us in your prayers & thoughts.  

Here are some pics from the week.  Thank you so much for following the journey. 
Monday's windy day.  Whoever prayed the Irish blessing prayer, Thank you... "may the wind be at your back."  Here is the VIDEO of my run to Ames, when the wind wasn't at my back.  

Autumn colors of Iowa

Iowa barn.  Water tower pics HERE  

Entering into the Webster City limits

bikes in trees.  Ragbrai made their way through Webster City this summer.  Other bizarre pics from the AMS journey

Jim craves pickles after he runs.  He consumed this whole jar of pickles.  What do you crave?  Chime In HERE

Spout at Briggs Woods to a group of student council eighth grade students

the students loves to Draw and wants to draw for a career

Spoke all day Wednesday at the Webster City Middle School.  THUMBS UP

Got to speak at the Asbury Methodist Middle School Youth Group.  

Thursday, got to speak at one of the Webster City Elementary Schools.  Was fun to see faces I met last year.

Thursday evening sunset in Webster City.  More beautiful Iowa sun pics HERE

A nice note from Alexia at the Elementary School.  So very happy when I receive notes like this.  One of the reasons WHY I run and speak across Iowa, to INSPIRE people.  

This was from an article in Runner's World magazine.  Chantalle was reading and said, "This sounds like you."  

The Awake My Sole crew at the Clean Water Movement 5k, helping to raise $$$ to get a water well built in Uganda. 

I really wanted to eat this beef jerky.  It reminded me of the time I got to run with herd of 20 buffalo.  Scary!!!

Did some Geocaching, Webster City style.  First Gecache

Second Geocache

My spoils from Geocaching :)

Autumn.  Love it.  The season's are a changing.  

I really enjoy this picture.  Took it at Briggs Park, south of Webster City.  

Most recent Awake My Sole update (stats, pics, and a way to make homemade Clif bars)

No comments:

Post a Comment