Monday, October 8, 2012

Ames Wrap Up

Had a wonderful week in Ames Iowa.  A BIG "Thanks" to the Hendersen's for hosting us for the week, and for playing SPEED UNO.  Lot's of fun.

Got to share about the Awake My Sole journey three times.  Less than normal, but still great.  I actually had one of my best responses by a group of students at the Woodward Academy.  I asked student's what the BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal), and every students raised their hand, I didn't have enough time to go around to hear each student's response.  

Got a short run in during the week.

Here are some pics from last week's to Ames & pics taken during the week.   

Almost broke my leg running to Ames.  This dumb hole was hidden in the ground.  

I love running in the Autumn.  Leaves change.  Gotta love the colors.  

Saw a couple of garter snakes sitting in the sun, getting a tan on.  

picked some flowers for the Awake My Sole support vehicle driver

Made it to Ames.  Looked through a gate and saw a buffalo made out of legos.  

Got to speak at the Evangelical Free church to both the high school group and the middle school group.  Great group of students.

Outside the Woodward Academy.  Got to speak to an assembly of about 250 high school students.  They were awesome and super respectful.  One of my favorite speaking engagements.

Went for a short run through Ames.  
Ames was wonderful.  Onward to Webster City for two weeks.

First week speaking, second week rest week.  Gonna be spending some time during my rest week coming up with "What Comes Next" for the Awake My Sole journey after the journey finishes in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment