Monday, February 6, 2012

Running Recap #5 - Spencer




Start Time :  1000am  End Time : 400pm

Weather : 45 degrees.  SW winds.  

Number of Dogs who barked and chased me:  5

Total Mileage : 27.7 miles

2 hour late start due to Extreme Fog.  Didn't want to run in it.  It did create some cool scenic views as the run began, everything was frosted over.  Joel biked behind me for the beginning of the trek.  Saw a bunch of pheasant.  One person stopped to see if I needed any help.

Verse I read throughout the day.  From Isaiah 26: "You, Lord, give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you."  


HERE are some pics from the run today

Leaving Sanborn with Joel.  

Everything was frosted over

One of my favorite pics of the trip so far


One of the Sanborn families put up this sign.  It made my day.  

Cows.  Notice above how the FOG is clearing



FOG clearing out


Ran through Hartley --- a city with a heart


Leaving Hartley

Was welcomed into Clay county by the 4H


Lunch.  Water.  PowerAde.  ClifBar.

Only 8 miles to Spencer

Wildlife reserve on the way into Spencer


Welcomed by Danny, my host home contact in Spencer.  Was nice enough to push my cart., in his tie.  



I'm safe and sound at my Spencer host home.  Body is feeling really good after running 27.7 miles.  Took an ice bath, about to go get some groceries.  

NEXT RUN will be in two Mondays.  I will be running from Spencer to Storm Lake.   

Cool story from my run :  About half way done with my run, the word Thankful popped up in my brain.  It was weird, but for about 15 minutes, I was just saying different things I was thankful for.  Everything from the socks I was wearing to all the people I've met so far.  If you ever have a chance, take 15 minutes and just start naming all the things you are thankful for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment