Monday, March 26, 2012

Ames - Running Recap




Start Time: 710a  End Time: 615p

Weather:  The temps were great, however I was running against 20-40mph winds the whole time.  Made for an exhausting slow journey.  

Number of dogs who barked & chased me:  7.  One dog charged me and I actually used my gear cart as a defense to scare off the dog.   

Total Mileage:  41.6 miles

Cops who stopped me:  0

fork in the road

over a river

charley

entering Boone County

Power

exiting Boone County.  Ran through a whole county.  

Awe

Next Run:  Next Monday to Des Moines.  Around 35 miles.

Cool Story from the Run:  Because I was running against wind the whole day, I was exhausted and sick of the wind.  At one point in my run, I decided I was going to ENJOY and be THANKFUL for the wind.  It changed my attitude and helped me ENDURE and get through it.



No comments:

Post a Comment