Monday, January 23, 2012

Running Recap #3 - Orange City


Start Time :  810am  End Time : 445pm

Weather : 20 degrees (Not sure what windchill was).  20 mph winds from North-West.

Number of Dogs who barked and chased me:  1 (Most dogs were inside)

Total Mileage : 30.1 miles

Overall, a chilly-windy day for running.  Left my Kingsley host home early this morning.  Ran in wind all day.  It was tough and gruesome.  About an hour into my run all my liquids were frozen.


HERE are some pics from the run today

4 miles into my run and my powerade was already slushy

getting ready to head west for a couple miles.  

cold

on K64

Iowa landscape, AKA cold terrain 



stop at Carnes (Cheryl brought me some hot tea, it was grand)

Water Bottle Mark brought me, already starting to freeze only an hour into running with it.


Hot Tea

Mark joined me for some miles.  Here is a pic of Mark jogging with the stroller.  

Arriving in Orange City.  A good good feeling.

at my host home.  signs and all.  so good to be here. 



I'm safe and sound at my Orange City host home.  My body is feeling great after running 30.1 miles.  Just got done eating some amazing lasagna, gonna head to bed soon.

NEXT RUN will be next Monday.  I will be running from Orange City to Sanborn. 

Cool story from my run  Like I mentioned earlier, my liquids froze.  I tried calling my emergency contact for the day, but couldn't get a hold of them.  I was a bit worried until a nice elderly gentlemen helped me out.  He stopped me, and I asked him for water, or if he lived close by so I could get some water.  He said he lived near by, so we attempted to load my cart in his truck.  In loading my cart it tipped over.  At first I was a bit bummed, and wished I wouldn't have stopped.  However, he gave me a 4-mile lift to where I was going to meet some friends who had some water for me.  I was blessed greatly during my 4 mile riding with him.  Will be blogging about my encounter with him tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment