Monday, October 24, 2011

Allowing the bruised heel to heal

A week ago I was in North Dakota and I went for a morning run.  I was breaking in some new shoes.
My current running shoe is the New Balance 890
I was able to run to the No-longer-flooded-Missouri River.
Notice the sand sediment on the shoreline.  About 3 months prior the river was flooded.
In the process of running to the river and back, I landed goofy on the ground and I bruised my heel.  I'm not quite sure how this happened, but my heel was super sore, and was painful to run on.

I decided to take a week-long-break from running.  It's been tough, especially when I just want to get out and run.  I find a lot of joy in running.

I realize if I don't take breaks from running, allowing my body to heal, my body will break down, and long term I won't be able to do what I truly love to do.

Taking breaks are good.  Not just in running, but in all aspects of life.  We might get into a busy-routine, neglecting some of the important things: family, friends, health, other passions.

Maybe it is time for you to take a rest from a specific thing.

Take a break.

Allow time for healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment