Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Grinnell Wrap Up & Iowa City Running Recap

Grinnell Wrap Up
Was blessed by my time in Grinnell Iowa.  Was welcomed warmly by my host family.

Was blessed with 6 speaking opportunities.

Really enjoyed visiting the College Campus.  Thanks to Morgan for the tour.  Also, got to eat dinner with some Grinnell College students.  Awesome time, awesome food.

My fiance got back from Costa Rica early in the week, and she and her father were able to come visit me.  Also my mother came into town to visit too.  Was blessed beyond belief to be able to spend some time with them.

I'm really looking forward to traveling back to and through Grinnell.  Great people, great town.


Iowa City Running Recap



Start Time:  600a  End Time: 800p
  • My mother drove a support vehicle.  No cart pushing.  
  • Ran over a giant-dead rattle snake.  Scared the crud out of me.
  • At about mile 40, wanted to quit, however my sister sent me an encouraging text, and helped motivate me to keep going on.
  • Didn't finish the 68-mile run, stopped when the sun went down.  Will be blogging about how my body was feeling emotionally/physically.  It was a tough run.  
  • One thing I do know, I put forth my best, and was very happy with what I put forth.
  • 14 hours of running total.  
Weather: The weather was perfect, not too hot, not too cold. 

Number of dogs who barked & chased me:  2

Caterpillars:  0

Total Mileage:  54.9 miles

Cops who stopped me: 0





Additional Pics of time in Iowa City OR pics from my time in Grinnell

No comments:

Post a Comment