Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A time to.... Reflect --- "10 years goes by fast"


Running in Colorado

The holiday season, a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus, to travel and visit family & friends and a time to get some sweet gifts.  I love gifts, especially meaningful-thought out gifts.  

Chipotle shirt embroidered with my name 
Just like Joseph and Mary traveled to Bethlehem back in the day, I traveled to Colorado to share Christmas day with my family.

I grew up in Colorado.  Yup, a Colorado native.  Love the snow, the mountains and of course Chipotle.

Colorado Pic from on top of Green Mountain
So far, during my recent stay, I've got a couple runs in.  I've been able to run two running paths I ran long ago when I was in high school.  I graduated 10 years ago.

Running on top of Green Mountain



The running paths are mostly the same, little differences here and there:  new housing structures, erosion of the dirt paths, new businesses, new roads, etc.

Revisiting these old running paths has results in a heightened sense of contemplation.

10 years have passed since I have graduated high school.

How have I changed?  What is the same?  Am I becoming who I know I can become?  Am I on the right path?

I think it is good to reflect on the past, to help you prepare for the future, and to live better today.

10 years goes by fast.

What are your next ten years gonna look like?  What is your tomorrow gonna look like?

Don't let time slip by, you don't get it back, time to make your days count.


::: My challenge to you :::
Take some time and remember where you came from, and some more time to tentatively plan where you wanna go.  Don't forget about the meaningful things.  


Running pics from my run up Green Mountain
beautiful
yup it was indeed muddy
i slipped on the path
this was the result... a bloody muddy leg

Here is a video of one of the paths I used to run when I was in high school 



Running with purpose in every step,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment