Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Anew


I miss being a little kid.  I really do.

I do enjoy being an adult.  However, I miss the excitement and wonder kids have when they experience new things.

This last weekend, a friend of mine shared a poem about his son.  In his poem he wrote about his son's view of the world, and how he longed to view the world like his son.

"Faith like a child."

I wonder if Jesus was on to something when he spoke these words.


Child like awe is okay to have, and should be observed, because it knocks us out of the mundane and routine.  It helps us realize the masterpiece and wonders of life all around us.


Throw a snowball.

Watch a kid's movie.

Eat Cookies.

Watch Fish as if you have never watched fish before.  


Be in awe of the simplest of things.  Like, "Why does the water in the toilet swirl one way?"



My challenge to you... try approaching the world like a child does...


If you have 18 minutes, watch this video.  It will inspire you to enjoy the simple pleasures in life.



No comments:

Post a Comment