Monday, June 4, 2012

Bellevue Wrap Up & Dubuque Running Recap

Belleuve Wrap Up

My time in Bellevue was wonderful.  Just what I needed.  A time to explore and enjoy the outdoors.  Was blessed greatly by my host family, who treated me like one of their own.  Already miss them greatly.

With school getting out, speaking engagements are getting harder to find, so this week I got to speak only twice, which was actually wonderfully, especially after some weeks when I would speak 14 times.  

a pic next to one of Iowa's largest trees.  More than 20 feet in diameter.  

Trail running with Maxine.  I'm gonna miss running with her, a great dog for running. 

Was blessed by some great coffee.  Benjamin and I roasted coffee together, and that was wonderful.  

Me and a log.  

My home for the week, an old Volkswagen bus.  Such an awesome experience.  Really enjoyed it.  

The view from where I woke up each morning.  

The high school youth group in Maquoketa.  


Dubuque Running Recap


Start Time:  7:00a  End Time: 6:00p
  • Total Mileage: 35.3 miles
  • Weather:  80's.  Lots of sun.
  • Very hilly.  My hamstrings started cramping for the first time.  I don't think they have experienced hills like this before.  People tell me Iowa is flat, I will beg to differ.
  • My left knee is still in a bit of pain, but was able to work through it.
  • Was stopped by a guy named Ryan, got to chat for about a half an hour with him.

At the Mississippi near Bellevue.  
Entering into Dubuque county.  Getting close.

Gotta love clouds 
Delicious scone for a snack.  Thanks Sue!!!

Welcomed warmly by my new host family in Dubuque

Got a little bit of sun today

It was a good day of running.  Really thankful for yet another successful running day.  Glory be to the Creator.  I'm headed to bed, my body is really sore, and I need some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment