Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Thank God I'm Alive

Each week I'm hosted in a different Iowa town.  

This last week I spent the week in Manchester Iowa, the nineteenth of twenty towns I will be stopping in for the Awake My Sole journey.

Aside from long runs on Mondays, I try to get two or three shorter runs in during the week.  

On Friday morning, went for a 5 mile run through Manchester. 
Running the North part of Manchester Iowa.  

On the way back from the North part of Manchester, ran by a cemetery.  Saw a grave stone with my last name on it.



One day this will be ME.  

One day this will be YOU.


Many people differ on beliefs, ideas, doctrines, how they live their life, the afterlife, etc.


... but one thing is for certain, no one has escaped death.  


1 out of every 1 people DIE.


I'm not trying to be a downer.  If we live with the knowledge and understanding that one day we will die, maybe it would change our outlook on life, or even how we live our life. 


Some people are afraid to take risks, for fear of what others think.

Some people are afraid to follow their dreams, because they might fail.

Some people want to make a ton of money, so they pursue a job that doesn't fit their gift set.


What if we live life trying to make each moment count?


Each moment we live can be an action towards a positive or negative impact in our communities and neighborhoods.

Which do you choose?


This BLOG was sparked by this video a friend of mine posted.

Thank God I'm Alive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment