Monday, June 11, 2012

Dubuque Wrap Up & Manchester Running Recap

Dubuque Wrap Up
My time in Dubuque went by very fast.  It's funny, cause I didn't have any speaking engagements this week, but seemed to pass the time.

The run on Monday was intense, and my body was sore for a couple days.  On Wednesday I went with a youth group to the Brewers/Cubs game.  That was a lot of fun, and a lot of traveling in one day.  On Thursday, I helped out with the middle school youth group.  We went bowling and then to the batting cages.  On Friday, I got to plan a youth camp I will be speaking at with my buddy Renata.  On Saturday, got to run a 4-mile race in Dubuque.  It was awesome.  Ran 4 miles in 28 minutes.  Sunday, went to church with my host family then we went over to someone's house to eat pizza made out of Dutch Ovens.

Overall, it was a great week, went by fast, and I'm eagerly looking forward to passing back through Dubuque.  

The sausage run at the Brewers Game

Bowling with middle schoolers

Was interviewed by the local news station.  Brent & Lauren & I

Run Happy pin I got at the 4-mile "Grandview Gallop."  Ran 4-miles in 28 minutes. 

Rode the world's steepest, shortest cable car.  It was amazingly beautiful at the top.

Pizzas made in a dutch oven.

Host family kiddos, I miss them, they were so good to Charley & I.  

Manchester Running Recap

  • Total Mileage: 38.3 miles
  • Weather:  70-80's.  Cloudy.  Very humid.
  • My left knee is feeling better, thanks to the FOAM ROLLER, however my right knee experienced a sharp pain for about 5-minutes then it went away.

7am.  Starting Off.  10 hour day. 

Going through Epworth

Heritage Trail.  

New shoes causing blisters.

Another successful run.


Why I Run & Speak Across Iowa - Part 5 - POST HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment