Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Manchester Wrap Up & Waterloo Running Recap

Manchester Wrap Up

Manchester Iowa is a wonderful place with some wonderful people.  Really enjoyed my short stay  in Manchester.  It went by really fast.  

Was blessed with several opportunities to speak in Manchester: The Franklin Underground, Youth For Christ, a lunch gathering for younger kids, some churches in a nearby community.

Also got a couple shorter distance runs in.

Learned how to drive a tractor & make my own coffee cup out of stump of wood.

Manchester Park

Driving a tractor while planting pumpkin seeds

The Underground Youth Center

Kept score at a baseball game.  One of the games went to 13 innings. 5 hours of keeping score was awesome.  Kept me on my toes.  

Running on Friday morning.

BEFORE

AFTER

Youth For Christ.  These students were so much fun to chat with about my journey about the journeys they are on.

Saturday evening sunset in Manchester Iowa.  Beautiful


Waterloo Running Recap
  • Total Mileage: 46.4 miles (24.5 miles on Monday, 21.9 miles on Tuesday)
  • Weather: Really hot, really humid and really windy.  Upper 90's.  Went through a lot of liquids and sunscreen.  
  • Wasn't feeling too well on Monday.  It might have been due to the heat.  Stopped in Independence for the night.  
  • Crazy to think, this was the last run of the first-half of the Awake My Sole journey.  Get to speak to a boy's camp this weekend, then I'm gonna take some time to allow my body to rest and recuperate.  







No comments:

Post a Comment