Thursday, September 13, 2012

243 days ago - WEEK #1 journal posts

Sunday Jan 8th 2012
Tomorrow begins the Awake My Sole trek.  Overwhelmed with the support of others as I begin this trek across Iowa.  I couldn't imagine doing this trip without the support and encouraging words of others.  All my stuff moved out.  Feels a bit weird knowing I will begin tomorrow.  Stuff is all on a cart.  Have cut down my gear over and over.  Continually simplifying my stuff.  Last 5 months of planning are paying off.  I hope to continue blogging and updating people.  Going to miss living in Sioux City.  God, may I trust You with every step.

Monday Jan 9th 2012 - Day #1
Starting temperature was 30 degrees and sunny.  Was a most excellent day of running.  So good to be on the road.  The 17 miles felt good.  Feet hurt a bit, but knew they would feel like that.  1 run down 39 to go.  Super thankful for my host family.  

Wednesday Jan 11th 2012 - Day #3
Realizing people connect with my story, they see their story in my story.  I give what I love to do to you Lord, my my life glorify you.  Amen

Friday Jan 13th 2012 - Day #5
Ran this morning in negative one degree weather.  It was freezing, yet good to get out, especially with the layers of clothing.  Spoke to a group of high school students, and once again amazed how students connect to the Awake My Sole story.  They asked great questions.  It was a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment