Saturday, September 8, 2012

that sand dancer dude is weird

Earlier this week, my friend Brent showed me this video.

My first thought was, "This guy is crazy and weird," but quickly thought, "I wonder if people see the Awake My Sole journey this way?"

Check out this video of the "Sand Dancer"


I love how this guy loves to draw in the sand.  He absolutely loves it.  To others he comes off weird and crazy.  He doesn't do it for money, but seemingly for the joy and meaning he receives from using his gift of creating art.

For me, after sharing the Awake My Sole story, people often respond, "It's crazy what you are doing."

I respond, "To you it may seem crazy, but to me, it's my life, it's meaningful."  

I'll ask, "What do you love to do?"  

Some will say, "I love to play tennis" or "I love to paint" or "I love to sell insurance."

I respond, "To me, that's crazy and weird, just like running and speaking across the state of Iowa is weird, but we are both needed."  

What were your first thoughts after watching this video?

How do you deal with others thinking you are "crazy" or "weird?"  

Where do you find purpose, meaning and joy?

No comments:

Post a Comment