Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Davenport Wrap Up & Clinton Running Recap

Davenport Wrap Up

My time in Davenport was wonderful.  Was hosted by a family who had a little black dog named "Megatron."

Really enjoyed the city, and really enjoyed the places I was blessed with speaking.

Aside from meeting a little puppy named "Megatron," a highlight of my week was getting this text message from one of the Davenport High School Students:

"@AwakeMySole Made a huge impact on me today! Such a great presentation. Thanks "

Really looking forward to coming back through Davenport later this year.

Clinton Running Recap


Start Time:  12:00p  End Time: 6:00p
  • Total Mileage: 20.1 miles
  • Had to stop 12 miles early due to my right Achilles tendon hurting really bad.  Tried several times to run on it, and finally decided the smartest decision was to stop for the day.  
  • Weather:  A great day for running.  A bit hot.  Middle to upper 80's.
  • Number of dogs who chased me: 4
  • Number of cops who stopped me: 0


Some pics from the road.





1 comment:

  1. Jim,
    Glad you had a good experience in Davenport, which IS a good place. Sorry the achilles was tormenting you. Keep up the good work, and let us know when you come back through Davenport.
    Lee Gaston

    ReplyDelete