Monday, January 16, 2012

Running Day Recap #2 - KINGSLEY


Start Time :  815am  End Time : 315pm

Weather : 30 degrees.  I'm guessing 15 degrees wind chill.  Lots of wind from the North.

Number of Dogs who barked and chased me: 8

Total Mileage : 28.1 miles

Overall, a great day for running.  Left my Sioux City host home early this morning.  Gonna miss them greatly (they were very hospitable).  About 10 minutes into my run I realized I was wearing too many layers of clothing.  

Starting the morning.  Stopped to take off extra layers and snapped this great picture. 

Running with Wild Turkeys

One of the turkeys was standing on the bird feeder

Ran by Camp High Hopes.  They were in the process of building.  This is where I encountered my first dog.


Iowa is indeed a beautiful place

This reminded me of my bicycling friends I got to bike with to Jackson Mississippi.

4 miles to Kingsley.  These last 4 miles were in wind.  Not a fun 4 miles. 

I really enjoyed this bridge.  Had to take a pic of it.

Kingsley Welcomes You.  Some bigger, none better.

My inspiration for the day, a pic of my family.  Also, some of my notes.  Also, the orange device is my GPS unit. 



In Kingsley.  I will be speaking at the school on Thursday and Friday.

Got to my host home and some cool signs were on the door

This is what my vest looks like if I ever need to use it at night.  It reflects light really well.   The flash from the camera really brings out the glow.
I'm safe and sound at my Kingsley host home.  My body is feeling great after running 28.1 miles.  About to partake in eating some spaghetti.

NEXT RUN will be next Monday.  I will be running from Kingsley to Orange City.

Cool story from my run :  I ran by the location of where I ran out of gas back in the day.  It made me chuckle.  Also, the wild turkeys were a hoot.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you already, bud!

    A quote from our Bible Study tonight that inspired me:
    "I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." Philippians 3:12

    ReplyDelete